Hey y'all! Happy FriYAY! I am going to bring back a series that I LOVE, and that is Top Five Fridays! I do want to also have corresponding YouTube content for these, like I used to, but that will come in time! I came to the conclusion of doing reintroducing this only this morning during my Car Chat! I am seriously loving talking with y'all every morning, and the subsequent conversations throughout the day! Y'all bring me so much JOY!
Today, I really wanted to hone in some things to do to combat the winter blues. We are experiencing very cold temps today, and even have snow in the forecast for tomorrow, so I thought this would be the perfect first TFF! Let's all be happier and healthier as we move into this new year, and go through these months were seasonal depression tends to spike,
1. Go for a walk, meditate, or do some YouTube Yoga - My favorite YouTube Yogi is Erin Motz over at BadYogi, she had a precious wittle baby in 2019, and herself is getting back to basics, and taking a lot of time for herself and her practice; now is great time to join in on the mat!
2. Take a Bubble Bath - Luxuriate. Light some candles, pour some wine, grab a book or magazine, or just grab some lavender oil and a face mask. Whatever you need to get centered and back to feeling like yourself.
3. Journal, Read, Create -This is a BIG one for me. If I am feeling low-energy, or like my center is completely off its axis, I grab a notebook and start journaling, drawing, doodling... Or I pick up a book and read. I especially love to paint while listening to an audiobook or podcast. Preferably something educational or humorous, if I have reached this point. My brain needs to be fed.
4. Meet up with a friend for coffee - Togetherness always makes the heart soar.
5. Take a road trip - I do this a lot, even if it's only an hour or so round-trip. If you are someone who has to recoup after being "on" or high-energy too long, personal road trips are my absolute best advice. Put on your favorite tunes, and get back to the heart of things. Get your head cleared and your soul recharged.